|3D Printing Applications|
What is 3D Printing?
3D Printing is used to make a three dimensional solid model from a layout or a digital model. This is done by laying down thin layers of a particular material to achieve perfection. Many industries today have inculcated the use of 3D printing. 3D printing is also known as additive manufacturing.
One will be surprised to see what 3D printers can do. There are a variety of applications of 3D printing.
- Concept Modeling – Concept Modeling is used in engineering and design industry to gain perfection in their ideas. Many large brands have used the idea of concept modeling and are done within the departments. These models are used to convey communication in an effective way.
- Parts - 3D Printers can make the best parts in all industries. The parts made out of the 3D printers are more durable, more perfect, and stable and can be reused. Complex figures and organics shapes are possible by the use of these printers. Most designers and manufacturing companies feel free to use this technology.
- Better Finishing - High end printers like Stratasys PolyJet 3D are very smooth and are used for the better sealing, painting and polishing. Any plastic part can be drill, glue and paint.
- Innovation and Designs – Jewelry industry has to face innovation and new designs daily. Every piece has to be different and latest in fashion. This process is known as Mass customization. 3D printers can make this process less time consuming and less expensive. With 3D printing technology one can try new things till the result is not satisfactory. Adaptation of new colors and shapes can be used easily with them.
- Prosthetics – Every human being may require different shapes of prosthetics every human being is different. With the use of 3D technology one can get the accurate and perfect shape of prosthetics.
Apart from the above applications, toys, electrical appliances, teaching materials, architectural designs and landscapes are done using 3D printing technology.